Instruction for authors
Editorial policies for authors
- The REVIEWS in CLINICAL MEDICINE publishes materials of interest to physicians and health care professionals to promote high standards of medical care, diagnosis and therapies. Review manuscripts that are of keen interest are those which have provided a comprehensive evaluation of a clinical subject.
- Submission of a manuscript to Reviews in Clinical Medicine implies that it has not been published before and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere. All materials prepared for publication is assumed to be written exclusively for REVIEWS in CLINICAL MEDICINE.
- By submitting the manuscript the corresponding author acknowledges that all the co-authors have seen and approved the final version of the manuscript. All co-authors should approve the information regarding the manuscript as well as their institute before submitting any revisions.
- Submitted manuscripts are all sent for external peer review and the final decision to acceptance rests with the editor.
Submission of manuscripts
Manuscripts should be submitted electronically to the following address: http://rcm.mums.ac.ir/
All submissions must include complete disclosure of any type of conflict of interest regarding: financial, consulting and personal relationship. If there is no conflict of interest for all of the authors, the phrase ‘No potential conflicts of interest were disclosed’ should be written in the acknowledgement.
Authors should declare sources of funding for the work undertaken in the acknowledgment. If the manuscript is a result of a thesis, the approval number of the thesis should be provided clearly.
Types of article
Case report, Case Series
Preparation of manuscripts
Manuscripts must be written in clear and concise English and should in full compliance with instruction for author of the REVIEWS in CLINICAL MEDICINE, otherwise your submission will be returned.
Each manuscript must be accompanied by a cover letter (in standard word processor format) addressed to the Editor-in-Chief.
Manuscripts should be written in English (American usage is accepted) in a double-spaced format
- Concise and informative
- Title do not exceed two lines in print
- No abbreviations or punctuation where possible
Author names and affiliations
Author names should be in the following order:
- First names
- Middle names (if used)
- Last names
- Each author should list a department, university, city and country (please avoid writing your academic position such as resident, fellowship, assistant or associate professor).
- Corresponding author: Clearly mention who will be the in charge of all stages of referring. Ensure that phone number and email address are up to date.
- Abstract contains no references
- A list of 3-6 keywords should be listed immediately after the abstract.
- All keywords should be written according to MeSH terms at: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/MBrowser.html
- It should be brief
- Avoid inessential words
- It may contain grant and contribution numbers (i.e., approval number of the thesis)
- References should be double-spaced and named consecutively
- Please cited all the references in Vancouver style using EndNote software
Citations in the reference list should include all named authors, up to the first 3 before adding 'et al.' (please do not use italic format for “, et al”.)
Authors are responsible for the accuracy of references and must verify them against the original documents.
The following are sample references:
Standard journal article:
List all authors, up to the first 3 before adding 'et al.':
Mackness MI, Mackness B, Durrington PN, et al. Paraoxonase and coronary heart disease. Curr Opin Lipidol. 1998;9:319-324.
Chapter in a book:
Wyllie AH, Kerr JFR, Currie AR. Cell death: the significance of apoptosis. In: Bourne GH, Danielli JF, Jeon KW, editors. International review of cytology. London: Academic; 1980 p. 251–306.
Blenkinsopp A, Paxton P. Symptoms in the pharmacy: a guide to the management of common illness. 3rd ed. Oxford: Blackwell Science; 1998.
The EndNote output style for RCM' current reference style can be found here.
Tables and figures
- Please provide a title for each table
- Tables and figures should be numbered consecutively
- Each table should be mentioned in the main text
- Table should be in its correct place in the main text (not at the end of the manuscript)
- The number of cited references should be in sequence with its appearance in the text where the table or figure is first mentioned
- Footnotes should be placed below the table body if the abbreviations are used in that table
- RCM will not accept figures or scanned graphs from other resources to publish
Any tables and figures without the copyright holder`s permission will be considered plagiarism
- Abbreviation should be proceeded by the words for which it stands at first appearance
- Any article that do not meet journal criteria will be sent back to the author between 5 to 7 official days (holidays are not included) before delivering to the referees. Therefore, be aware of all these criteria to prevent extending your manuscript evaluation process.
- The author do not have any right to introduce any referee at the point
- Contacting any referee during your manuscript evaluation will be considered irregular behavior. This will cause prolongation of the manuscript process because your manuscript will be sent to another referee
- The authors are responsible for any plagiarism in their published paper. RCM will return the manuscript to the author as soon as possible. This will cause prolongation of the manuscript evaluation process.
- All the authors should study and accept the copyright form. Any disagreement will not be accepted afterwards.
- RCM will send all the notifications to the corresponding author by mentioned email. Therefore, missing any notification by email will be the corresponding author`s responsibility that causes the prolongation of manuscript evaluation process.
- Future publication of your paper only depends on your paper preparation based on the RCM instruction that will send to you by email if necessary.
Please be aware that RCM journal do not have any responsibility to accept your article due to lack of time based on any reasons.
Submission, processing and publishing of manuscripts in Reviews in Clinical Medicine are free of charges.